Remote Jobs You Can Land With No Remote Experience
The availability of remote work has significantly increased in recent years. With the current global circumstances, many companies have shifted their operations online and discovered that numerous roles can be performed remotely. Despite this, some individuals hesitate to explore online job opportunities, fearing they lack the necessary experience in telecommuting.
Fortunately, there’s no need to worry. Many remote job positions do not require prior experience working remotely.
Tips for Landing a Remote Job with No Remote Experience:
- Identify Your Skills: Assess your existing skills and determine which ones are applicable to remote work. Focus on highlighting the most important and relevant skills required for the job you’re applying for.
- Familiarize Yourself with Remote Tools: Take the time to become familiar with remote tools commonly used in virtual work environments, such as communication apps like Slack and Zoom, and project management tools like Trello. Mention your proficiency with these tools on your resume.
- Emphasize Your Strengths: Highlight your experience and achievements in the specific job role you’re applying for, rather than focusing on your lack of remote work experience. Employers value relevant job skills and accomplishments over remote work experience.
Best Remote Jobs Currently Available:
- Remote Developer: If you have programming experience and a relevant degree, consider pursuing remote developer positions. Freelancing on platforms like Fiverr and Upwork can help you gain experience and build a portfolio. Remote developers earn an average salary of $121,262 per year.
- Remote Project Manager: Remote project management has seen significant growth, and proficiency in project management tools like Trello, Slack, Asana, and Basecamp is crucial. Remote project managers can expect salaries ranging from $59,500 to $125,000 per year.
- Remote Content Writer: Freelance writing has become more accessible, with platforms like Upwork and Fiverr offering opportunities for writers. Writing skills, humanities degrees, or marketing experience can pave the way for remote content writing roles. Entry-level writers earn $50,000 to $70,000 per year.
- Remote Virtual Assistant/Office Manager: If you have experience as an assistant or office manager, you can transition to remote work easily. Create an online presence through a website and social media to advertise your services. Salaries for remote assistants and office managers vary, with entry-level positions averaging $26,000 to $39,000 per year.
- Remote Customer Support Specialist: If you enjoy helping people and prefer remote work, consider remote customer support roles. Many companies actively hire remote customer support specialists. Salaries range from $23,000 for entry-level or part-time roles to around $45,000 per year on average.
By focusing on your relevant skills, familiarizing yourself with remote tools, and emphasizing your strengths and achievements, you can increase your chances of landing a remote job, even without prior remote work experience.